Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Role Playing Games

In the film industry, big companies apple 922-4528 keyboard, apple 922-6638 keyboard like to play it big nowadays by including multiple options in their game products. One of the most recent tools of trade to apply this to put in a logical and flexible story line in which the gamer could pick different combination of choices that would lead to different endings. These types of games are called Role Playing Games.

The first idea of buying a Role Playing Game occurred to me 6 years ago, when I was playing Star Wars: Jedi Academy. Yes, one of Lucasarts’s earliest and in my opinion one of their most successful and enjoyable games. In the game there was this chapter in which you could either kill your friend and take the dark path or turn off your saber and stay a jedi. Well one of the main things that made this game so enjoyable was that it was an action game with lightsabers and you hade a manual control over this saber and the jedi’s force powers and it was provided with a choice at some point in the game at where you could choose your path; but the question was, what if there was more choice in this game and it was still manual controlled combats? This thought blew my mind for a while until my friend introduced me to this legendary game called Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

This game was fantastic, and completely had me addicted to the monitor. I would be playing it for long periods of times that my compaq presario m2000 keyboard, compaq presario v2000 keyboard neck started to hurt after a while chronically. But it was all okay, I was all in the zone of my focus.

The essential thing in the game was its plots were so mysterious that I would rather stay up all night and see the mystery getting solved than to go to sleep and not be late for my classes that were in the morning. Curiosity was the main thing that kept me going with this game and the strategic combats were bonuses. They were somewhat manual but sure they made more sense as far as the realistic view for a combat than those of Jedi Academy’s.

Basically what happens in a RPG game is that, there is a story line that you go thru with you character, but there are conversations in which you are offered different types of answers to respond to the party your talking to. It is as if you are putting the phrases in your character’s mouth and drawing his own way. And you get to control the character thorough, which allows you to battle in the combats, yet this part was particularly more strategic. However, because not every RPG game is the same, I wouldn’t be able to tell you which game is more automatic and which one isn’t.

To sum this up, RPG games are one of the best experiences you can ever get in a single player game. If you are looking to get into toshiba portege 2010 keyboard, toshiba portege 3500 keyboard this gaming type, and have a strong love for Star Wars series, I strongly recommend you give Star Wars: KOTOR a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment